The Liz and Jon Thompson Memorial Award
In memory of the late Elizabeth and Jonathan Thompson, an educational scholarship is being offered and administered by the Beaumont Amateur Hockey Association (B.A.H.A.).
A plaque donated by the Thompson family will be displayed in the lobby of the arena and will be named "LIZ AND JON THOMPSON MEMORIAL AWARD".
A yearly award of $500.00 is being offered to an applicant who is or was involved in B.A.H.A.'s hockey program (up to and including Junior C and referee program) and is or has intention of pursuing a post secondary education.
- Written application must be made to the Association citing purposes of Scholarship.
- Applicant should provide letters of reference from:
- School Principal/Teacher
- Coach (former/current)
- Parents/Friends in regards to good citizenship/friendship
- This scholarship award is strictly educational in nature in that it must be applied towards post secondary education such as a college, university, technical or equivalent educational institute.
- A framed award will be presented to the recipient of the Scholarship at Annual General Meeting.
- B.A.H.A. reserves the right to disallow any granting of scholarships in any given year and further reserves the right to grant scholarships to any number of applicants in any given year.
- A Committee comprising of the President and two Directors will review and recommend granting of the Scholarship.
- Funds will be held by B.A.H.A. until proof of requirement is received in writing.
ANY BAHA MEMBER WHO WISHES TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIPS SHOULD CONTACT email@example.com